Are you determining what to pack in your Colorado River in a single day journey?
Yearly, CKS workers collect collectively for an finish of season river journey. On this new publish by CKS On-line, paddling consultants Victoria Ohegyi and Julia Perkshen share a gear guidelines for an in a single day river journey and another useful ideas to make sure you have a great time on the market on the water.
This packing record relies on a 6 particular person + 1 canine journey single-night journey on the Colorado River by way of the Ruby Horsethief (RHT) Part from Loma, Colorado to Westwater, Utah.
RHT is a 25-mile stretch of principally flatwater with sections of Class I and II rapids. For this journey, we introduced 1 whitewater raft and 5 inflatable stand-up paddleboards (SUPs).
We supplied a primary guidelines under. View all of our suggestions in a group right here.
The Raft Rig:
- 13′ Boat
- 3-Bay Raft Body
- Three 9.5′ Oar Shafts
- Three Oar Blades
- Two Oar Mounts
- One Captain’s Seat
- Two Oar Tethers
- Assorted Cam Straps
Professional Tip: Undecided learn how to measurement your raft body in your boat? Take a look at our raft body builder information right here.
The SUP Crew:
- 5 Inflatable Stand Up Paddleboards
- 8 SUP Paddles
- Numerous Heart + Click on Fin SUP Fins
- 5 Fast-Launch Leashes
Packed on the Raft Rig:
- 103 Quart Cooler
- 4 Rocket Bins (20mm Ammo Cans)
- Digital camera + Protecting Pelican Case
- 2 Waterproof Sleeping Pads
- 3 Six-Gallon Water Jugs
- River Maps Information to the Colorado & Inexperienced Rivers
- Group Kitchen/Camp Gear
- Canine Gear
- 2 50-75L Dry Baggage for Private Attire
- Six Group Camp Chairs
Filled with the SUP Crew:
- Private Sleeping Pads
- Private 65-75L Dry Bag for Private Attire
- Private 50C Ammo Can or small DryBag (optionally available) for Private Gear
- 55Q Beer Cooler
- 25L Drybag with Main First Support
Professional Tip: Should you’re planning to cowboy camp (sleep with no tent), positively arrange your sleeping pad in your paddleboard! It can add 6 further inches between you and the bottom.
Group Kitchen/Camp Gear:
- Sand Mat
- Prepare dinner Equipment + Range
- Beer Coozies
- Folding Desk
- Poop Tube
- Canine Meals
- Canine Floatation Gadget (CFD)
- Canine Mattress
Professional Tip: If you wish to shield your pup’s paws from the warmth, moist down a towel or tapestry to place over the sleeping pad that is rigged to the raft. It will stop the plastic from heating up an excessive amount of.
- Brimmed Hats
- River Footwear/Sandals
- Zeal Sun shades
- Solar Hoodies
- Bathing Fits + Swimwear
- Paddling Shorts
- Heat Camp Garments
- Sort III or Sort V PFD
- Water Bottle
- Wag Baggage + TP
- Locking Carabiners + Cam Straps for Further Rigging