Greater than 2000 kilometres of shoreline, the Australian Alps and different pure points of interest draw guests from all around the globe to Victoria. Nevertheless it’s not simply the various panorama and the bustling metropolis of Melbourne which might be nice for a go to. For an aspiring angler, Victoria has loads to supply. However earlier than you possibly can solid your line, you’ll want to purchase a Victoria fishing licence.
For those who’re planning to fish in Victoria however are not sure learn how to go about getting the correct licence for you, there’s no want to fret! We’ve gathered all the knowledge you want in a single helpful article. After studying this, you will get out on the water with out having to fret concerning the correct papers. So let’s get began.
Who wants a fishing licence in Victoria?
This primary query is an important one, and fortunately simply answered. Anybody between 18 and 70 years of age will want a sound fishing licence. The licence lets you fish in public waters utilizing any methodology. This contains line fishing, bait or shellfish assortment, yabby fishing, prawning and spearfishing.
You’ll additionally want a sound licence when you’re simply carrying fishing tools in, on or subsequent to public Victorian waters.
Who can fish and not using a licence?
As with all rule, there are exceptions. Some anglers are exempt from having to buy a fishing licence in Victoria. These are:
- Youngsters beneath the age of 18
- Adults over 70 years of age
- Indigenous Australians (Aboriginal individuals or Torres Strait Islanders)
- Victorian Seniors Card or interstate equal cardholders
- Veterans’ Affairs Pensioner cardholders
- Veterans’ Affairs Repatriation Well being cardholders (coded TPI)
- Commonwealth Pensioner Concession cardholders (coded DSP, DSP Blind, AGE, AGE Blind, or CAR)
You could find an in depth record with extra info on the web site of the Victorian Fisheries Authority (VFA).
How a lot does a Victoria fishing licence price?
The worth of your licence will depend on how lengthy you wish to fish and the place you purchase it. There are 4 completely different classes to select from: 3 days, 28 days, 1 yr and three years. For those who purchase your licence on-line, the 1-year and 3-year licences are cheaper than when you purchase them by way of different strategies. Each of these licences are additionally out there as a bodily plastic card.
|Licence Sort||Value||Value on-line|
|1-12 months Licence||$37.70||$35.50|
|3-12 months Licence||$102.20||$96.80|
The place can you purchase a Victoria fishing licence?
You may get your licence by way of two completely different strategies. Regardless of whether or not you’d like to talk to somebody in individual or when you want to deal with issues on-line, the VFA has received you coated.
- Online: The best and – for longer fishing licences – least expensive method of getting a Victoria fishing licence is to purchase on-line. Merely entry the Service Victoria web site, put in your info and pay the payment. Cost choices embrace bank card (Mastercard and Visa) in addition to PayPal. You’ll obtain a affirmation e mail which works as proof of fee and proof of a sound licence. You can even create an account with Service Victoria and obtain their free cellular app. The app allows you to share your licence with Fisheries Officers by way of bluetooth!
- From a licence outlet: For those who’d relatively deal with your buy in individual, you are able to do so at any agent authorised to promote Victoria fishing licences. You could find the complete record of licenced brokers on the VFA web site, sorted alphabetically by the title of the city. Remember that, as we talked about earlier than, 1-year and 3-year licences are cheaper when purchased on-line, whereas the three day and 28 day licences don’t have any value distinction.
The rest that you must know?
Licence costs are topic to alter and are up to date on a yearly foundation. The replace occurs on July 1st yearly, so be sure to verify again to ensure you have the right info.
The Recreational Fishing Guide on the VFA web site affords info on bag limits, permitted tools, and anything you would possibly have to know when you’re heading out by yourself. If English shouldn’t be your first language, there are other language options out there, too.
Do you will have any additional questions on getting a Victoria fishing licence? You’ll be able to attain the VFA by way of cellphone at (03) 8392 6867 or ship an e mail to [email protected]. For different fishing-related questions, or when you’ve got a listening to or speech impairment, yow will discover additional contact info on the VFA website here.
What occurs when you lose your licence?
Do you have to occur to lose your licence, you possibly can request a brand new one by sending an e mail to the VFA at [email protected]. You’ll get your substitute licence inside two days by way of e mail — when you bought the unique licence on-line. For those who purchased your licence at a retail agent, you’ll obtain both an e mail or a letter together with your new licence (relying on the tactic of sale) inside 5 days. Misplaced or stolen plastic playing cards should not changed.
If in case you have any additional questions concerning your Victoria fishing licence, you will get in contact with the VFA on the above-mentioned cellphone quantity and e mail tackle. Or drop your query within the feedback under. Then it’s time to get your licence, discover a fishing information close to you, and luxuriate in your time on the water!